This application ease the installation of Windows Metro App packages that are still in development. It makes it easier to pass the application packages internally and send it to clients for feedback.
You can download it from the TechNet Gallery: CompuSight Metro App Installer
In order to install a metro development package, you need to prepare a development package using the visual studio. You will need the APPX file and the CER file that is temporarily used to sign the application package.
IMPORTANT: You must make sure that the application is “Run as Administrator”
1) Open the CompuSight Metro Installer application and check if the developer license on the Windows 8 system exists and not expired.
2) If the developer license is expired or does not exists you can renew the license using the Renew button.
3) Using the Windows Developer License requisition dialogs, you can renew the developer license.
4) After the renewal of the developer license, you have to select the APPX file. (NOTE: You need to make sure that the CER file is in the same directory as the APPX file.)
5) If the certificate you used to sign the application package was a test certificate, you may need to add the signing certificate to the Trusted People stored. You can can do this by using the Trust button.
6) Completing the steps above, you can easily install the application by clicking Deploy button.